Vermont Land for Sale


United States / Vermont / All Property Types

Vermont Land Information

Recent data from Land And Farm records $52 million in land for sale for sale in the Green Mountain State. This represents some 11,951 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive property listed for sale in Vermont on Land And Farm recently was $5 million, while the median price for farms, ranches and other land for sale in Vermont came in at $147,489. The average price of land and rural property for sale in Vermont was $274,397. Of the 14 counties in the state, Orleans County had the most land and rural real estate for sale. With numerous opportunities to hunt species including deer, boar and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Vermont. Based on data from the 2012 U.S. Census, there was 7,338 farms found in Vermont, covering a total of 1 million acres (20 percent of the state). Approximately 77 percent of Vermont's annual agricultural production comes from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 23 percent comes from crops. Vermont ranks among the country's smallest states in terms of size, encompassing 9,615 square miles (6 million acres). Vermont is predominantly a livestock-based farm economy. Although small relative to total state revenues, maple-related products account for nearly 40 percent of the national total.

Showcase Properties


View All Vermont Listings

Vermont Land Information

Recent data from Land And Farm records $52 million in land for sale for sale in the Green Mountain State. This represents some 11,951 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive property listed for sale in Vermont on Land And Farm recently was $5 million, while the median price for farms, ranches and other land for sale in Vermont came in at $147,489. The average price of land and rural property for sale in Vermont was $274,397. Of the 14 counties in the state, Orleans County had the most land and rural real estate for sale. With numerous opportunities to hunt species including deer, boar and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Vermont. Based on data from the 2012 U.S. Census, there was 7,338 farms found in Vermont, covering a total of 1 million acres (20 percent of the state). Approximately 77 percent of Vermont's annual agricultural production comes from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 23 percent comes from crops. Vermont ranks among the country's smallest states in terms of size, encompassing 9,615 square miles (6 million acres). Vermont is predominantly a livestock-based farm economy. Although small relative to total state revenues, maple-related products account for nearly 40 percent of the national total.

Vermont Property by Region
Vermont Property by Zip Code