Louisiana Land for Sale


United States / Louisiana / All Property Types

Louisiana Land Info

Land And Farm data records $427 million in farms, ranches and other land for sale for sale in the Creole State. This represents some 115,520 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive property listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $17 million, though the median price for land and other rural acreage for sale in Louisiana came in at $401,948. The average price of land for sale in Louisiana was $583,567. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Louisiana. According to official Census Bureau stats, there was 28,093 farms located in Louisiana, covering a total of 8 million acres (or the equivalent of 24 percent of the total state land area). Some 27 percent of Louisiana's annual farm income derives from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 73 percent comes from crops. In terms of its size, Louisiana is the country's 31st-largest state, encompassing 51,843 square miles (33 million acres). Louisiana's temperate climate supports over a third of the sugarcane grown in the United States and as well as over ten percent of its rice crop. The main farm product here in the Pelican State is soybeans.

Showcase Properties


Louisiana Land Info

Land And Farm data records $427 million in farms, ranches and other land for sale for sale in the Creole State. This represents some 115,520 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive property listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $17 million, though the median price for land and other rural acreage for sale in Louisiana came in at $401,948. The average price of land for sale in Louisiana was $583,567. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Louisiana. According to official Census Bureau stats, there was 28,093 farms located in Louisiana, covering a total of 8 million acres (or the equivalent of 24 percent of the total state land area). Some 27 percent of Louisiana's annual farm income derives from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 73 percent comes from crops. In terms of its size, Louisiana is the country's 31st-largest state, encompassing 51,843 square miles (33 million acres). Louisiana's temperate climate supports over a third of the sugarcane grown in the United States and as well as over ten percent of its rice crop. The main farm product here in the Pelican State is soybeans.