Illinois Land for Sale


United States / Illinois / All Property Types

Illinois Land Info

Internal data lists $647 million in land and rural property for sale for sale in the Inland Empire. This represents a total of 63,749 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive piece of land listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $13 million, while the median price for land and other rural acreage for sale in Illinois came in at $371,997. The average price of land and other rural acreage for sale in Illinois was $499,750. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Illinois. Illinois ranks second in the country for the size of its pig and hog farming industry. According to 2012 U.S. Census data, 75,087 farms were located in the state, covering a total of 27 million acres (equivalent to 73 percent of land in the state). Some 18 percent of Illinois's annual agricultural production derives from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 82 percent comes from crops. In terms of its size, Illinois is the country's 25th-largest state, covering 57,918 square miles (37 million acres). Nebraska may be the Cornhusker State and but Illinois ranks ahead in terms of total corn farmed and produced in the country (17 percent versus 11 percent).

Showcase Properties


Illinois Land Info

Internal data lists $647 million in land and rural property for sale for sale in the Inland Empire. This represents a total of 63,749 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive piece of land listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $13 million, while the median price for land and other rural acreage for sale in Illinois came in at $371,997. The average price of land and other rural acreage for sale in Illinois was $499,750. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Illinois. Illinois ranks second in the country for the size of its pig and hog farming industry. According to 2012 U.S. Census data, 75,087 farms were located in the state, covering a total of 27 million acres (equivalent to 73 percent of land in the state). Some 18 percent of Illinois's annual agricultural production derives from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 82 percent comes from crops. In terms of its size, Illinois is the country's 25th-largest state, covering 57,918 square miles (37 million acres). Nebraska may be the Cornhusker State and but Illinois ranks ahead in terms of total corn farmed and produced in the country (17 percent versus 11 percent).

Illinois Property by County