Colorado Land for Sale


United States / Colorado / All Property Types

Colorado Land Info

Internal data from Land And Farm records $3 billion in land and other rural acreage for sale for sale in the Mile High State. This represents a combined 714,506 acres of land for sale in the state (accounting for about one percent of the state's land area). The most expensive property listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $100 million, though the median price for land, homesites and other rural acreage for sale in Colorado was $1 million. The average price of land and ranches for sale in Colorado was $2 million. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Colorado. Based on data from the 2012 U.S. Census, there was 36,180 farms recorded in Colorado, covering a total of 32 million acres (or the equivalent of 48 percent of the overall state land area). Approximately 69 percent of Colorado's yearly farm income derives from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 31 percent comes from crops. Colorado ranks among the country's top ten biggest states in terms of size, encompassing 104,100 square miles (67 million acres). Along with cattle, Colorado's chief crops are corn, and wheat and hay. The most recent official statistics from the Bureau of Economic Analysis don't yet account for Colorado's marijuana crop.

Showcase Properties


Colorado Land Info

Internal data from Land And Farm records $3 billion in land and other rural acreage for sale for sale in the Mile High State. This represents a combined 714,506 acres of land for sale in the state (accounting for about one percent of the state's land area). The most expensive property listed for sale on Land And Farm recently was $100 million, though the median price for land, homesites and other rural acreage for sale in Colorado was $1 million. The average price of land and ranches for sale in Colorado was $2 million. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in Colorado. Based on data from the 2012 U.S. Census, there was 36,180 farms recorded in Colorado, covering a total of 32 million acres (or the equivalent of 48 percent of the overall state land area). Approximately 69 percent of Colorado's yearly farm income derives from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 31 percent comes from crops. Colorado ranks among the country's top ten biggest states in terms of size, encompassing 104,100 square miles (67 million acres). Along with cattle, Colorado's chief crops are corn, and wheat and hay. The most recent official statistics from the Bureau of Economic Analysis don't yet account for Colorado's marijuana crop.