California Land for Sale


United States / California / All Property Types

Headline Property

Bolsa Point Ranch

Pescadero , CA   - $24,999,999 - 414 acres

Listed By: California Outdoor Properties
California Outdoor Properties

California Land Information

Internal data shows $5 billion in farms, ranches and other land for sale for sale in California. This represents some 499,440 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive property listed for sale in California on Land And Farm recently was $85 million, though the median price for land and ranches for sale in California came in at $986,072. The average price of land, homesites and other rural acreage for sale in California was $2 million. Of the 58 counties in the state, San Bernardino County had the most land and rural real estate for sale. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in California. U.S. Department of Agriculture data shows California is one of the top five biggest ag-producing states in the country. It also records the largest crop sales in the country. According to official Census Bureau stats, there was 77,857 farms located in California, covering a total of 26 million acres (equivalent to 24 percent of land in the state). Approximately 29 percent of California's yearly farm income comes from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 71 percent comes from crops. California is the third-biggest state in the United States, encompassing 163,707 square miles (105 million acres). California is the source of most of the fruits and vegetables grown in the United States, including all of its commercial walnut, almond and pistachio harvests. The state also accounts for some 90 percent of the grapes grown in the United States.

Showcase Properties


View All California Listings

California Land Information

Internal data shows $5 billion in farms, ranches and other land for sale for sale in California. This represents some 499,440 acres of land for sale in the state. The most expensive property listed for sale in California on Land And Farm recently was $85 million, though the median price for land and ranches for sale in California came in at $986,072. The average price of land, homesites and other rural acreage for sale in California was $2 million. Of the 58 counties in the state, San Bernardino County had the most land and rural real estate for sale. As befits a state with excellent hunting for big and small game like deer, waterfowl and wild turkey, hunting land was the most common type of land for sale in California. U.S. Department of Agriculture data shows California is one of the top five biggest ag-producing states in the country. It also records the largest crop sales in the country. According to official Census Bureau stats, there was 77,857 farms located in California, covering a total of 26 million acres (equivalent to 24 percent of land in the state). Approximately 29 percent of California's yearly farm income comes from livestock products (including poultry, beef and dairy cattle, sheep or hogs and pigs). The other 71 percent comes from crops. California is the third-biggest state in the United States, encompassing 163,707 square miles (105 million acres). California is the source of most of the fruits and vegetables grown in the United States, including all of its commercial walnut, almond and pistachio harvests. The state also accounts for some 90 percent of the grapes grown in the United States.

California Property by Zip Code